With the Open and our first members survey behind us, it’s time to quickly update you on the future of CrossFit 204. Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to our survey, and to those who contacted us and shared their thoughts through text, email or message. We appreciate every bit of feedback, and it guides us as we plan for the future.
CrossFit 204 started in a garage, and over the years we’ve learned as much about running a gym as we have about squatting and deadlifting. Over the last months, we’ve been working hard with colleagues in the industry to evaluate ourselves and see what we can do better. We’re very lucky to have access to some of the best gym owners in North America, and we regularly seek out their counsel.
With your feedback and advice from our peers in mind, we have lots of plans in motion, and we’ll share of few of them with you here.
– The best part of the survey was hearing that 100 percent of the 79 respondents said they left the gym happier than when they arrived. This is great news, and we should mention that you make our coaches happier by your presence. Thank you so much for your attendance and effort. You guys inspire us!
– We’re happy to welcome Cody to an administrative role in CrossFit 204. He’ll still be coaching regularly, but he’ll also be managing our database and memberships, processing payments, and so on. This is going to help us run things much more smoothly on our end. We’re thrilled to have him in this position, and you can expect to see him around the gym more often making sure everything is as it should be.
– With admin work reduced, Crystal will be coaching classes more often. She’ll be grinding you on form and telling stories about what our dog destroyed today.
– We are a gritty warehouse. That will never change, and it’s part of our charm. But we’ve taken a few steps to polish a few things. You should notice a bit more shine on the old pirate ship in the next months.
– When we asked you what we should add to our facility, we got a diverse field of responses. We’ve chosen to address two of them right away. In the survey, 12% said they would like workout tracking, and 15% said they would like nutrition counselling. I’m happy to say workout tracking is now live: download the Zenplanner app from the App Store. You can use the app to sign into classes, see who’s coaching, check out class size and create a profile. You can also check out daily leaderboards and log your results. Please let us know what you think of this new system.
According to survey responses, 38% listed diet as their greatest struggle outside the gym, so we’re educating our coaches to help you with that. We have Crystal and Cody taking nutrition seminars, so we’ll very shortly be able to offer you far more advice on optimizing your fitness with great nutrition. CrossFit Founder Greg Glassman has suggested working out and eating poorly is like having one oar in the water, so we’re taking steps to help you improve your health and fitness. More info to come shortly.
– As we roll through spring into summer, we’ll have more updates for you. Many good things are in the works. Stay tuned!
As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of: 41 double-unders or 61 singles 4 back squats
Score is total volume of squats (reps x load). In consultation with a coach, athletes figure out what load will allow the most volume. Loads stay the same for all sets. Heavier is not always better … or is it?
In 5 minutes, accumulate max strict toes-to-bars* Immediately after the 5 minutes expire: 30 V-ups
*When you come off the bar, you must rest in a plank.