It’s that time of the year when we’re getting ready for the CrossFit Games Open.
If you’re wondering if you should enter, read this post from 2015. There’s no pressure either way. As long as we see you in the gym, we’re thrilled. But if you want to join the team, have at ‘er!
Here’s our plan for 2016:
1. Fun is foremost. Everything else is secondary. Egos are checked at the door. Give your all in each event, thank your judge and cheer on your colleagues.
2. The week’s event will be programmed every Friday as our workout of the day. As is always the case in everything you do, your coach will discuss the event at the beginning of each class/session. Together, you’ll figure out scaling and modifications and discuss a plan to get the best results. For instance, we can talk strategy if a load is just too heavy or a certain movement isn’t available.
3. For those of us competing, Judged Events will be as follows:
– Fridays from 19:00-21:00 p.m. (first heat at 19:10)
– Sundays from 1030 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (first heat at 10:40)
Please arrive early to perform an appropriate warm-up that doesn’t disturb the class that’s in session. The coach running the class will be happy to direct you to free space and equipment.
If you cannot attend at either of these times, please contact Cody Bernard via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will look to see what accommodations can be made.
4. A heat sign-up sheet will be posted by the whiteboard the evening after the event announcement occurs. First come, first served.
5. Submit your score before the posted deadline. We cannot help you if you do not submit on time.
6. On reattempting an event:
Any requests to reattempt an event must be submitted to Cody via email. The request must include your event score and reason for requesting a a second attempt. All requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Why do we generally limit attempts to one? Because you wouldn’t take a math test three times in a row if you weren’t happy with the results. You’d study, improve, and take the test again. We’re taking the same approach here.
7. On judging: We suggest that anyone that wants to judge during the Open completes the Crossfit Judges course. This is a requirement for anyone judging an event performed by an individual vying for a spot at regionals – individual or team. Please Cody if you are able to assist during Judged Event times.
8. We strictly adhere to the CrossFit Games Rulebook and Drug Testing Policy, and we encourage you to review it and contact Cody with questions.
9. Have fun being fit!