Here are the details for the #204Open that starts Friday!
– There is still time to join a team. You, too, can be part of the Müscle Crüe or The Iron Madams. Talk to Damon/Thomas or Scott or any coach.
– The first workout will be announced on Thursday night, and we will do it all day in class on Friday. All regular evening classes are cancelled. We will run the evening Open workouts in a Friday Night Lights format. Show up, sign up for a heat on the whiteboard, be entertained by Mike and Crystal, do the workout, then cheer for your friends. Each week, Friday night will likely be the entertainment highlight of your year.
– Week 1 theme: Retro Night! Show up in whatever gear/costume you consider to be retro. Got an ’80s aerobic outfit? Might come in handy. Have a Led Zeppelin concert T from 1973? Legendary. Got your parents 1960s leisure wear in a trunk? Get it out! We are kicking it old school this week. Points are available for participation and epic apparel.
– Special Opening Ceremonies: Friday, Feb. 22, at 5 p.m. We will light the #204Open flame, honour our 2018 and 2019 captains, and rock out with a vengeance. Heats will start between 5:30 and 5:45.
– Workout scores must be logged on the CrossFit Games website before Monday. We cannot do this for you. Make sure you get your scores in.
– Points are awarded for fun, participation, spirit and special accomplishments. In Week 1, you can already score points by changing your Facebook profile picture to include a specific frame for your team. Ask your teammates to help you do it you need assistance. (Tap your profile pic, click “add frame,” and search for “CrossFit 204.”)
– There can be only fun.
– Contact captains and coaches if you have questions!