Direct from the Office of the Commissioner comes this update, which contains everything you need to know.
The #204Open is an annual in-house event that’s linked to the CrossFit Games Open. We register on the CrossFit Games website, and you’ll be able to see our gym on the leaderboard as we complete 5 workouts announced on the site starting on Feb. 21. We’re going to do these workouts in class on Fridays whether you register for the Open or not.
The #204Open is all about fun. We’ve created two in-house teams, with points awarded for spirit, participation and, to a lesser extent, fitness. But that doesn’t mean you have to be very competitive to join. You just need to be ready to have fun.
Athletes who were registered as of last Friday were drafted onto teams, and you can find the rosters below. Now, teammates and captains will be recruiting everyone who remains. Join the Iron Madams (Capt. Scott) or Müscle Cruë (Capt. Damon and Capt. Thomas).
Here’s the exact rundown:
1. Join an in-house team. Then register on the CrossFit Games website. Be sure to select CrossFit 204 as your affiliate no matter what in-house team you join. The cost is $20 US.
2. Check out the Madams and Crüe Facebook pages. Chirping is encouraged.
3. Plan to do the Open workout on Friday in class, or on Friday evenings during special themed extravaganzas—start times TBA each week. Points will be awarded for showing up in the costume of the week, for example. Athletes can also do the workouts Sundays in the open gym slot.
4. Each week, you must register your score on the CrossFit Games website on time. We can’t do this for you or help you if you miss the deadline.
5. Have fun and celebrate our 204 community. This event is essentially 5 “spirit weeks” in a row, so enjoy yourself!
Now, here are the team rosters:
Müscle Crüe: Greg, Michelle M. (former captain!), Analyn, Jen F., Jaime, James, Leandro (former captain!), Leigh, Misty, Val Mc, Sharron, Craig.
The Iron Madams: Vince, Chris H., Cody, Misha, Ben Y., Kathy, Yvonne, CKP, Boyd, Chris Y., Margarita, Britt, Theresa, Sage (former captain!), Donagh (former captain!), Cheryl